7.11.2014

Summer Reading Wish List!


My husband noticed the other day that I'm just eating up books! Remember when I said I'm "not a reader"? Well, I've decided it's time for that to change! I want to be brave and keep learning. The summer seems like the perfect time for a good read. Even in school they'd offer a summer reading list... now as adults, why don't we spend the summer reading?! Here are a few books I have on my wish list right now...

1. The Nesting Place: It Doesn't Have to Be Perfect to Be Beautiful
Blogger Myquillyn Smith from The Nest shares her heart about home...
"There is beauty in the lived-in and loved-on and just-about-used-up, Myquillyn says, and welcoming that imperfection wholeheartedly just might be the most freeing thing you’ll ever do."- as seen on Amazon

2. A Beautiful Mess Happy Handmade Home
Due out Aug. 26th, I can't wait to see this beautiful book from my favorite bloggers- Elsie Larson and Emma Chapman of A Beautiful Mess! I think creating a home is one of the most wonderful things a family can do together. :)

3. The Fault in Our Stars*
Yes, the major movie currently playing... if you haven't seen it yet, check out the book first! Let's cry our eyes out together!

4. Save with Jamie: Shop Smart, Cook Clever, Waste Less
Last week I watched this TED talk with Jamie Oliver and I was so impressed and impassioned by what he had to say. I hope you'll watch and check out his books with me!

I love the The Forest Feast Blog so I discovered she wrote a cookbook, I was elated! The author is a lover of all things natural, has creative recipes, plus she's a watercolor artist... amazing.

6. Season to Taste: How I Lost My Sense of Smell and Found My Way*
22-year old, Molly Burnbaum was right on track for her dream job of being a chef when a terrible accident left her without her sense of smell. This is the story of how one determined woman fights against all odds to reach her dreams!

What about you? What's on your list? Any of these seem interesting to you? Share what you're bravely reading in the comments or on Instagram and Twitter, #specsandwings


Please note that I have not read any of these books so I cannot truly recommend them, I am just sharing the books that have most peaked my interest right now. :)

Books with an (*) are available at Midland County Library and all are available through Amazon.com by clicking the links. Please know if you purchase after clicking, I will receive a bit of commission. ;) Thanks for supporting the brands that support me!

No comments: