7.23.2014

Begin Again


The other day my mom and I sat together and she asked me a very important question. She noticed I'd mentioned a few times on my blog that I was finishing up custom painting. She asked if I meant for the next few months, or forever.
Yikes. Forever sounds so permanent, doesn't it? Well, the long and short of that answer is, at least for now, I'm not going to be taking custom orders. It's time for me to get back into the studio and start creating again, but this time time, fully out of my heart, mind and experiences. It's difficult to explain how I really loved the last season of S&W and how excited I am to move onto the next season!


So, as you know, I've been cleaning out my studio and I started painting again. This time without order forms or sizes or color schemes or specifics or even a deadline! It was so freeing and exciting, but also terrifying. What if I don't know what to paint on my own anymore? What if I'm "rusty"? What if it's different that I remembered?.... Then I decided to just #bebravecreate!
Let me tell you, the time spent in my studio floor, sitting on a drop cloth and letting the paint flow along with my creativity... it was magical. I chose a small succulent to begin my first painting in this new season. It's sort of symbolic of a fresh start, alive, growing, changing daily and organic.... just like beginning again on my painting journey. :)


I'll share an update on my painting later this week! Come by tomorrow for a peek at my studio progress! (FINALLY) Happy day!

No comments: